Request for Proposal 2021-0174 (RFP) for Pay for Print Services for the Southwestern Community College District
Notice is hereby given by the Southwestern Community College District of San Diego
County, California, hereinafter referred to as the District, acting by and through its
Governing Board, will receive up to, but not later than 10:00AM on Wednesday, January
13, 2021, responses to this Request for Proposal 2021-0174 (RFP) for Pay for Print
Services for the Southwestern Community College District.
Responses shall be received by the Office of Procurement, Central Services & Risk
Management, VIA EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the date and at the
time stated above.
All responses to this RFP shall conform and be responsive to the RFP, including its
All interested Firms may request a copy of this RFP by e-mailing: email@example.com
or by visiting the District’s web-site at www.swccd.edu/procurement – Any requests for
information may be directed to Linda Hernandez, Director of Procurement, Central
Services & Risk Management by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the due date.
All Requests for Information are due no later than 10:00AM on Tuesday, January 5,
Addendum 1 (Jan. 7, 2021)
All documents remain unchanged except section or parts added to, revised, deleted and clarified by this Addendum. This Addendum consists of the following answers to questions submitted by the deadline of 10:00AM on January 5, 2021.
1. How many computer based print release stations will you require? RFP states that there are currently 17 print release stations but only specifies 15 by location.
Answer(s): Currently, we have 16 print release stations and could expand up to 18 print release stations by implementation.
2. In reference to section 5 “Scope of Services” item “k”, if the portion of the Pay for Print system that provides “cash” print vending requires hardware such as a payment station or kiosk, how many would be required? In reference to section 5 “Scope of Services” item “n”, is Southwestern College asking for the RFP response to include HP Elite Desk 800 G5 PCs?
Answer(s): No, this was for reference for software compatibility.
2a. If so, how many?
3. In reference to section 5 “Scope of Services” item “p”, is Southwestern College asking for the RFP response to include “multifunctional printing devices printer, copier, scanner, double sided printing”? Answer(s): No, this was included to make sure the software can handle multiple paper sizes, types, etc.
3a. If so, how many and what are the specific requirements?
3b. Would these multifunctional printing devices be used for print release from the Pay for Print system?
Answer(s): Could be available as an option in some areas.
4. What type of Equipment does the district currently use? Copier and Printer Makes and Models?
Answer(s): District uses Sharp Copiers and HP Printers
5. Do your current systems in place use a card reader system?
Answer(s): Yes, students use ID cards and guest cards. Our goal is to eliminate the card reader system.
6. What is the name of the outdated system currently in place?
Answer(s): Blackboard Transact
7. Why do you have a termination clause that includes “without cause”?
Answer(s): The District will always require this clause to protect itself during times which may be fiscally unstable, when certain programs or services are part of budget or planning cuts and above all to ensure we are able to terminate services deemed no longer necessary, unsuitable or services being provided which lack the expected delivery of services or materials. This will be part of our contract and is not a negotiable clause.