- December 17, 2020
- Posted by: Aly Lawson
- Categories: Health Care, Success Stories
Written by Letty Alvarez
Native Americans today still face some extraordinary challenges. By nearly every measure; social, cultural, economic, and physical, Native American communities and Native American families are uniquely and negatively impacted by patterns of struggle. For the past 500 years, Native Americans have faced genocide, dislocation, and various forms of physical, mental, and social abuse. *
These facts alone, make it more impressive that being of the Salt River Pima Maricopa Nation of Arizona, Marissa Maxine Torres, has learned to overcome these challenges. Five years ago, she founded Tetons Enterprises LLC and since then she and her team are dedicated to providing Native Americans and other government agencies with exceptional partnership and business development opportunities through value-add programs and benefits.
With the help of the San Diego, Orange, Imperial PTAC adviser, Frank Luna, Ms. Torres learned what she had to do in order to do business with government agencies. Marissa
· acquired all the applicable certifications for her company, WOSB, Native American
· conducted market research on FPDS and FBO, (Beta.sam.gov) for the past award for the commodities/NAICS.
· found a Federal Agency IHS, (Indian Health Services) who is buying their products and with a WOSB initiative.
· introduced Tetons Enterprises to contracting officers, (contact of CO from FPDS) by utilizing their Capability Statement.
· satisfied the set-aside needs for the OC/agency and now is engaged with active sales.
Marissa specializes in facilitating all aspects of healthcare services including: medical, dental and optical to better serve our Native American communities and other government agencies. She continues to combine her passion for business and education by obtaining her Bachelor of Business Administration at San Diego State University. Her team includes Christina M Ballejos, Ph.D., Clinical Nurse Specialist, from the University of San Diego and also of the Salt River Pima Maricopa Nation of Arizona and Martin Llamas ABO, CPO with more than 10 years’ experience in the ophthalmic industry.
Tetons Enterprises is an authorized government reseller for Walman Instruments and SureWerx, and an authorized distributor for McKesson and Dell products and supplies.